There’s great fishing in Polk County! Why not bring along a child and introduce them to fishing in waters where the fishing tends to be a little easier and a whole lot of fun. Hatchery supported trout waters are stocked with thousands of catchable-size brook, brown and rainbow on a monthly basis from March to August.
Hatchery supported trout waters are closed during March and open the first Saturday in April, statewide. There’s a daily limit of seven trout per day, with no minimum size limit or bait restrictions.
Polk County Hatchery Supported Trout Waters
- North Pacolet River from Pacolet Falls to Hwy 108 bridge
- Fork Creek Church on SR 1100 to N. Pacolet River
- Big Fall Creek portion above water supply reservoir
- Green River Henderson County line to mouth of Bright’s Creek
- Little Cove Creek
- Big Fall Creek-portion below water supply reservoir
- Cove Creek
- Camp Creek-Henderson County line Green River
Consult The Regulations Digest for North Carolina Inland Fishing, Hunting and Trapping for guidelines on fishing. The book and licenses are available at Columbus Hardware 828-894-8985, Silver Creek Campground, Mill Spring 828-894-2331, Curtis Wright Outfitters, Saluda 828-749-3444, Green River Adventures, Saluda 828-749-2800, Jack Scruggs and Son, Green Creek 828-863-2691.