There’s great fishing in Polk County! Why not bring along a child and introduce them to fishing in waters where the fishing tends to be a little easier and a whole lot of fun. Hatchery supported trout waters are stocked with thousands of catchable-size brook, brown and rainbow on a monthly basis from March to August.
Hatchery supported trout waters are closed during March and open the first Saturday in April, statewide. There’s a daily limit of seven trout per day, with no minimum size limit or bait restrictions.
Polk County Hatchery Supported Trout Waters
- North Pacolet River from Pacolet Falls to Hwy 108 bridge
- Fork Creek Church on SR 1100 to N. Pacolet River
- Big Fall Creek portion above water supply reservoir
- Green River Henderson County line to mouth of Bright’s Creek
- Little Cove Creek
- Big Fall Creek-portion below water supply reservoir
- Cove Creek
- Camp Creek-Henderson County line Green River
Consult The Regulations Digest for North Carolina Inland Fishing, Hunting and Trapping for guidelines on fishing.