Read More Below
Nestled in the Tryon Foothills of North Carolina, just minutes from the Tryon International Equestrian Center, Mountain Brook Vineyards offers award winning wines paired with memorable hospitality.
While experiencing the panoramic views of the mountain and our 7 acre vineyard, you can enjoy a tasting of our wines produced onsite from either grapes grown in North Carolina and bottled under our Mountain Brook Vineyards label or from grapes grown around the country and world which are bottled under our Discovery Heights Vineyards label.
Come for a taste and enjoy our beautiful mountain views. Sit and sip on our second floor porch where the views include White Oak Mountain and Tryon Peak. If you have time, enjoy one of our picnic spots or take a hike through our wooded trails. Tours are at 12pm and at 2pm on the days that we are open. Our hours vary by season so visit our website for operating hours.
We produce three red wines, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, and Petite Verdot. We also produce a red blend in the Bordeaux style. Our white wines include Chardonnay aged in oak and a Pinot Grigio aged in stainless steel tanks.
Additional facilities provide an exceptional setting for wine tastings or an afternoon retreat with friends and family. Our outdoor pavilion-space is utilized for live music performances, evening movie events and special occasion dinners. In the cooler months we have indoor seating, outdoor seating with a fireplace and a large communal fire pit. Our entire venue is available for rental for weddings and other events.
- Family-owned winery nestled in the Tryon Foothills of North Carolina, just minutes from the Tryon International Equestrian Center, less than an hour from Greenville, Spartanburg, and Asheville, and less than 90 minutes from Charlotte.
- 75 acre property with a newly replanted 15-acre main vineyard utilizing experimental, state of the art, and ages-old principles to create a world class vineyard.
- Mountain Brooks focus is on three intertwined experiences: extraordinary service, a beautiful environment, and exceptional wines
- New terraced outdoor seating, personal fire pit tables, a main fire pit, and comfortable indoor tasting room space available
- All standard wine tastings are conducted at the guest’s table, with special tasting experiences also available that can include wine and food pairings, special educational opportunities, and tastings with the winemaker
- Food trucks and live music from local and regional artists to enjoy every weekend!
- Special events throughout the year including seasonal galas, winemaker dinners, festivals, adoption events for cats and dogs looking for forever homes, Sip & Shop vendor weekends, and Saturday night “Movie in the Vines” during the summer and fall seasons.
- Tours available daily
- Barrel room and event center as well as our winery operations where our facility can produce up to 15,000 cases per year.
- Wedding & events venue: multiple spaces available for rental during the week for business meetings that can be combined with packages for education and entertainment. For weddings, we can accommodate any size up to 150 guests with indoor and outdoor options. Among the available spaces for events is Victoria Meadows, a secluded area amidst the vines that can provide an intimate setting for outdoor events on the estate with up to 250 guests. In addition, our Demonstration Vineyard can also be configured to provide unforgettable dining options on farm tables for groups of up to 120 guests. We also have several other spaces that can be configured for groups from 2 – 40 guests
From Asheville: Take I-26E to Exit 67, then stay left to follow 74 East towards Shelby. Drive for 9 miles to Exit 170, Pea Ridge Rd. Turn right at top of exit ramp and go south on Pea Ridge Rd. for 2.2 miles. At stop sign, proceed straight onto Coxe Rd. Drive 1.2 miles, stay right onto Philips Dairy Rd. Go .4 miles to Mountain Brook Vineyards on the right. Drive to top of hill, winery is on the right.