- This event has passed.
Night at the Museum
October 27, 2023 @ 6:00 pm
Please note that, even though this is a free community event, space is limited and reservations must be made. If you would like to attend this exciting event, please call this number 828-747-8692 or email email@example.com (not the museum number).
Night at the Museum will, again, be presented at the Saluda Historic Depot and Museum on Friday, October 27th at 6:00 PM. Visit us and witness Saluda history come to life. This second annual Night at the Museum is made possible by a community grant funded by the Polk County Community Foundation.
Night at the Museum will include 9 historical vignettes performed throughout the Depot by Depot volunteers and other familiar Saluda residents dressed as characters from Saluda’s past.
Visitors will travel back in time where they will meet:
1. Joel Roberts Poinsett 1835– performed by Dave O’Brien
2. Captain Charles Pearson and Colonel Thaddeus Coleman 1877- performed by Mike Reeves and Ralph Mayer
3. Pitt Bellew and his Brakeman 1903- performed by Bruce Jayne and John Wilkerson
4. Two Convicts, Otis and Floyd 1877—performed by Monty Crisp and Richard Henrich
5. Saluda Depot Station Master and Carolina Special Dining Car Head Waiter 1925- performed by Greg Bryant and Howard Troxler
6. Dr. Lesesne Smith and Nurse Carter 1918-performed by Bruce Hunt and Lynn Casey
7. Two hoboes (Boxcar Billy and Frisco Jack} 1930- performed by Dave Zimmerman and Rich Miller
8. Two ladies traveling on the train to Charleston 1903 (Northern Lady, Effie Ford) performed by Jayne Mayer and (Southern Lady, Annabelle Wright)- performed by Donna Southworth
9. F. Scott and Zelda Fitzgerald 1920- performed by Scott Varn and Mary Reeves
Food and beverages will be served in the Moon Glass garden area. The Saluda Visitor Center will be open for your convenience
There will also be live music for your enjoyment.