GUIDE: Local Winery Info: Here’s a quick go-to guide for the wineries at the First Peak and how/when to visit. You can use their web sites or social media sites for their latest info and events.
Spring/Summer 2023 (Info is subject to change – verify directly)
Mountain Brook Vineyards
Winery Hours: Monday: 12-6pm, Thursday: 12-6pm, Friday & Saturday: 12-8pm, Sunday: 12-7pm. Has regular schedule of music and events. Call first to verify their current hours and upcoming events.
Our tastings range in price from $15-20.
- $15 tasting includes a tasting of our Sangria which will be a sweeter option. This tasting will consist of our Peach and Blueberry, Strawberry watermelon, and Very Berry, and your choice of our Riesling or our Frose (wine slushie).
- $18 tasting includes our Mountain Brook Flight which is made up of Chardonnay, Rose, our All-In blend, and our Cabernet Sauvignon.
- $20 tasting includes our Sauvignon Blanc, Viognier, Cabernet Sauvignon, and our BDX which is our Bordeaux Blend.
Tours of our Vineyard and Winery are available at 12 pm and 2 pm on our regular business days. Call ahead or ask your server to be included. Private tours can also be arranged.
731 Phillips Dairy Rd., Tryon, NC. 828-722-1037. www.mountainbrookvineyard.com
Winery Hours: Wednesday–Thursday & Sunday: 12–6pm, Friday and Saturday: 12-7pm. Call first to verify their current hours and upcoming events.
- Must be over 18 to visit.
- A regular tasting ($16) includes samples of their current release wines.
- An elevated tasting ($40) is by appointment only and includes time with their winemakers, a private wine tasting and tour of the vineyards and winery. Maximum of 10 people/session.
2012 Sandy Plains Rd., Tryon, NC. 828-863-0523. www.overmountainvineyards.com
Winery Hours: Wednesday–Thursday 12-6pm, Friday–Sunday 12-7pm. Has regular schedule of music and events. Call first to verify their current hours and upcoming events.
Regular tasting $15 – no reservations are required
2275 Whiteside Rd., Mill Spring, NC. 828-894-0154. www.parkerbinnsvineyard.com
Russian Chapel Hills
Winery Hours: Thursday-Sunday 1-6pm. Call first to verify their current hours and upcoming events.
The wine tasting flight costs $16 and includes 8 wines. The short flight of 4 wines costs $8. Reservations are required for groups of 6 or more.
2662 Green Creek Dr., Columbus, NC. 828-817-7260. www.russianchapelhills.com